Recruitment Privacy Notice
VetPartners/Calweton Veterinary Centre respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through recruitment.
It is important you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identify has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data including email address, home address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
3. How we collect your personal data
Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity & Contact Data by filling in the recruitment form on our website, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Specifically, we will use your personal data to:
- identify you each time you visit a website;
- process applications submitted by you;
- improve our services and websites;
- send you information we think you may find useful, including information about new products and services.
5. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data in line with our Data Protection Policy and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. Sharing your personal data
We will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to third party supplies who provide services on our behalf.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of VetPartners.
7. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We keep information about employees for 6 years after employment ceases for legal reasons.
Personal data for unsuccessful candidates will be kept for 6 months.
8. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’)
- Request correction of personal data we hold on you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. However, there may be specific legal reasons why we are not able to comply with this request.
- Object to processing your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party.
- Withdraw consent where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.