* COURSE FULL*
Please call the office to put but onto the waiting list for the next course!
In the World there is considerable pressure and awareness to reduce antibiotic use both on farm and in hospital due to the ever relenting fight against antibiotic resistance. Those of us involved in the production of high quality dairy products and meat are part of the 'One World' to reduce the use of antibiotics. We regularly run Safe and Responsible Use of Medicines courses to discuss not just reducing antibiotics but how to adopt alternative strategies to reduce the reliance on them. This course forms part of the requirements for the red tractor farm assurance scheme.
As of the 1st of November 2021, all beef and sheep farmers under the Red Tractor scheme must do a medicines course. Once you have completed the course, it will last up to 3 years.
This course is not limited to those who are Red Tractor assured, if you are not part of the scheme and would just like to widen your knowledge on antibiotics, feel free to book a place.
The Course covers;
- Safely administer veterinary medicines to animals under your care
- Describe the Describe the difference between vaccines and treatments and the different legislative classes
- Describe basic differences that exist between different classes of antibiotic and the need for veterinary guidance for their use
- Describe the basic classes of anthelmintics and the need for veterinary or SQP guidance on their use
- Understand the actions of an NSAID and when they should be used.
- Store and maintain medicines on farm in accordance with legislation and farm assurance requirements.
- Understand the responsibility of those administrating medicines to farm animals
The course is £50pp Plus VAT - We encourage further members of your farm team to attend the course and offer these places at a discounted price of £15pp.
Held at Cornwall Dairy Vets Office : 19c Normandy Way, Bodmin PL31 1RB
2pm: Finish, with Pasty lunch
Tea and coffee provided during midway break
Maximum 12 delegates
COVID safety: The course will be held under inside, but in a well-ventilated spacious office. We ask that you carry out a lateral flow test the morning of the course and bring a face mask with you to be worn.
To book on to this course, please email email@example.com or call us on 01637 889231.